Frequently Asked Questions
Can anyone register for the Sea Power Conference?
- The Sea Power Conference 2022 is for those with a professional, defence, governmental agency, business, academic, scientific, operational or response involvement in commercial maritime and naval defence related government and industry sectors. The event is not open to the general public
- Please proceed to the Registration Page and complete the Trade Visitor Registration process.
- Note: Seating is on first come, first served basis
Is there a registration fee to attend the Sea Power Conference?
- There is no charge to attend the conference.
What will General Registration give me access to?
- All Sea Power Conference sessions in the Pyrmont Theatre Auditorium.
- Access to the INDO PACIFIC 2022 International Maritime Exposition in Halls 1/2/3/4 from Tuesday 10 to Thursday 12 May 2022
- Access to network functions, provided in the Exhibition Halls 1/2/3/4 from 1700 – 1800 on Tuesday and Wednesday, and from 1600 – 1700 on Thursday as part of the INDO PACIFIC 2022 International Maritime Exposition
I have received a ticket to attend the INDO PACIFIC 2022 International Maritime Exposition, how do I obtain my Trade Visitor Badge?
- If you have registered as a Defence member you will have received a ticket to attend the INDO PACIFIC 2022 International Maritime Exposition along with your confirmation email.
- Simply print or show this on your smartphone, along with your photo ID at the express badge stations at the INDO PACIFIC 2022 registration to collect your badge.
Where is the INDO PACIFIC 2022 International Maritime Exposition registration area located?
- The INDO PACIFIC 2022 registration is located in the ‘Gallery’ on Level 2 of the Convention Centre.
- Entry to the ‘Gallery’ is via the Iron Wharf Place Convention Centre entrance then via the Ground Level Escalators to level 2.
- Signage will be available to assist in directing you to the ‘Gallery’.
Is any catering included in my General Registration?
- Catering is not included in your registration. Refreshments will be available for purchase at cafes conveniently located throughout the Exposition Floor.
- Note: The International Convention Centre is a cashless venue. No outlets on site will take cash. All ATMs have also been removed from the venue.
Do I need to register as a delegate for the Sea Power Conference 2022 if I only want to attend the INDO PACIFIC 2022 International Maritime Exposition?
- Trade visitors maybe asked for evidence of accreditation such as applicable business card, defence ID, association membership etc. Accreditation must demonstrate involvement in the aforementioned industry sectors. Photo ID must be carried at all times.
- Pre-Registration to attend as a trade visitor is available online via the INDO PACIFIC 2022 website or on arrival at the event.
Will security measures be in place during the Conference and Exposition?
- Delegates should be aware from Tuesday 10 to Thursday 12 May 2022 access control procedures will be in force. Delegates entering the conference and exposition venues will be subject to screening processes (similar to security checks undertaken at airports). Delegates should ensure conference badges are worn at all times when within the conference and exposition venues and must carry Photo/Defence ID at all times for security verification.
What attire should I wear to the Sea Power Conference?
- Defence personnel should wear Dress of the Day, which is Navy S7’s (Summer regular day dress) or Service equivalent.
- For international military personnel this equates to Summer regular day dress with ribbons.
- Civilian equivalent is business attire.
I am registered for the Sea Power Conference, can I attend any sessions of the International Maritime Conference?
- The International Maritime Conference is a fee-paying conference. If you wish to attend this conference, please proceed to the International Maritime Conference Registration Page here and follow the instructions provided to complete the registration process.
Will there be any COVID restrictions during in place during INDO PACIFIC 2022?
- COVID restrictions will be in line with NSW State Government requirements at the time of the event.
- You should check the INDO PACIFIC 2022 website www.indopacificexpo.com.au as required for any updates.